Located in Alstonville’s Main Street this building is now a restaurant. It was Alstonville’s fourth post office. Opened in 1908 with Hugh McBarron in charge the building included an office and three bedrooms, living room, kitchen and usual outhouses. Notable changes occurred to the building in the 1980s when the original entrance on the eastern side was enclosed and a new entrance formed on the western corner. Unfortunately the post office operations moved out in 1997 and the building was sold. Little of the interior has been retained but a fireplace inside the entry tells the domestic story of the former post office.