- Membership of the Alstonville Plateau Historical Society entitles you to
- our quarterly magazine The Pioneer containing original articles, book reviews, society news and meeting dates. Click here to download a sample of our Pioneer magazine.
- free entry to Crawford House Museum and its Exhibitions
- monthly meetings with guest speakers
- reduced rates for personal research
- opportunities to learn about Alstonville and Ballina Shire
- opportunities to gain new skills in running a museum, looking after historic collections, and undertaking historic research
- opportunities to attend historic day trips and special events such as book launches
Society meetings are held on the 3rd Sunday of the month (except December) at 2pm in the Community Resource Centre, at the rear of Crawford House Museum.
Ordinary Members: $25 + $5 postage for newsletter if required
Family Members: $45
Eftpos facilities available.
How to Join
Write or email the Society’s Secretary email@example.com for a membership form or download it here.
The Crawford House Museum and Community Resource Centre is dependent upon volunteer workers to both open the museum and organise the historical resources in the community resource centre. Ideally we would like our volunteers to be members of the Society but appreciate that some people just want to assist us in a small way.
Volunteers can work in a number of areas including:
- guiding visitors through the Museum
- exhibition development
- education programs
- general clerical duties
- collection management
- sewing circle
- general maintenance & gardening
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to meet new friends, develop new skills, further enhance employment opportunities and help our local community by “showing off” our historic building. The society has a volunteer coordinator and training days are held through out the year. Volunteers are also encouraged to join society bus trips and other events such as exhibition and book launches. Their observations and comments are welcomed by the management committee of the society. If you would like to volunteer phone the Museum or email the Volunteer Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org