This could be one of the oldest buildings in Main Street. It is thought to have been built as a cottage for John Daley in 1896. John then went on to have the Federal Hotel erected in 1901. Unfortunately he then became ill and left the area. In September 1902 the house was leased to the Commercial Banking Company of Sydney and some changes were made to accommodate the bank. This was Alstonville’s first bank. In 1907 the bank purchased the building from Mr Daley’s widow. Today the building is the home to several offices.